This series consists of one document, published as a supplement to L’Angelo della Famiglia on 1 August 1944. It lists donations to the Fondo pro Danneggiati di Guerra in Italia from members of Victoria’s Italian communities.
After the September 1943 Armistice, the Archbishop’s Committee established a Fund for War Victims in Italy at a meeting held at Cathedral Hall, Fitzroy, on 12 September 1943. The Archbishop Dr Mannix sent all monies collected to Italy through the Vatican.
This document details the funds collected by each ‘lista’, which were set up to cover local areas. Each lista was organised by its own incaricato (responsible person). For each lista, donors’ names and the amounts donated were published. Even those groups which didn’t manage to procure any donations had their names published in the Angelo!