|Title||Records of Mrs Lena Santospirito|
|Date Range||1937 - 1976|
|Creator||Louisa Angelina (Lena) Santospirito (1895 - 1983)|
|Repository||Italian Historical Society|
|Abstract||The Santospirito Collection comprises the personal papers of Mrs Lena Santospirito (1895-1983). Mrs Santospirito was a leader of the Italian-Australian community in Melbourne and is best known for her charitable work as President of the Archbishop's Committee for Italian Relief in the early 1950s period of Italian mass immigration to Australia. The records in this Collection document her work with the Archbishop's Committee, as well as her involvement with other institutions and her personal and family affairs.|
- The collection is comprised of records from 2 accessions. The codes used to uniquely identify each accession range from SANT2000/0001 to SANT2000/0002.
- The records have been allocated to 50 series. The codes used to uniquely identify each series range from SANTS001 to SANTS050.
- Through the processing of the records, 1 provenance entity was identified. The code used to uniquely identify this provenance entity, i.e. records creator or custodian, is SANP001.
- The inventory covers 2,585 items, and may include records of continuing value, records sentenced for destruction and records that have been destroyed. The codes used to uniquely identify each inventory item range from SP-00001 to SP-02863. The total collection occupies linear cm of shelf space (or its equivalent).
- The documentation of the records at inventory level started on 5 March 2001. The latest additions were made on 7 December 2001. The latest modifications were made on 4 March 2004. This collection profile was updated on 14 May 2004.