Application for additional Italian Language Assistants 2022
The program aims to:
- support and enrich Victorian school Italian programs through the provision of native-speaking language assistants
- provide Victorian teachers and students with opportunities to increase their knowledge and understanding of Italy, its language and culture
- promote language learning and intercultural understanding in Victorian communities
- help students develop and improve their fluency and confidence in italian.
Selection of Language Assistants
All applicants must:
- be mother tongue Italian OR have an Italian Language Proficiency of at least C1 level;
- have mother tongue English proficiency OR an IELTS score of no less than 6;
- be currently in Australia and if not a permanent resident have an appropriate visa allowing forfull working privileges from February to December 2022.
- hold a Bachelor's Degree with a major in Italian (Australian graduates);
Successful applicants will need to have or be able to obtain a current Working With Children Check (WWC) and a Police Check;
All applicants MUST be fully vaccinated
Aptitude and experience
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- have experience working with school-age students;
- be able to show a demonstrated interest in the teaching of languages in schools;
- have a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
- All interested candidates should complete the online form and attach their CV and their visa (if applicable);
- The CO.AS.IT. Candidate Selection Committee will then compile a shortlist of suitable candidates who will then be interviewed, either online or in person. The interview will be conducted in English and Italian. The interview will also detail conditions of employment;
- The successful candidates will then be notified by the Selection Committee and instructed on the subsequent steps;
Conditions of employment (general)
This is a full time (35 hours/week) fixed term (non-award) employment contract for the period from 1 March to 9 December 2022 only.
Salary is $925.00 (gross) per week plus 10% superannuation.
Please see also Position Description
Applications close on Tuesday 15 February 2022 at 5pm
Please contact Ferdinando Colarossi if you have any queries regarding the program and/or the application process:
Phone (03) 9349 9012